Here is the age-wise list of the youngest billionaires in the world for 2015 according to Forbes –
- Evan Spiegel – The 24 year old born in Los Angeles is the youngest billionaire in the world. He co-founded Snapchat, the mobile photo-messaging application. His net worth is 1. 5 billion. Here is more information on Evan Spiegel.
- Bobby Murphy – This 25 year old co-founded Snapchat along with his buddy Evan Spiegel. His net worth is 1. 5 billion.
- Julio Mario Santo Domingo, III – This 29 year old is a heir to his grand-father’s beer business. He is also a popular disc jockey in New York. His net worth is 2.2 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg – The inspiring billionaire is now 30 years old with a staggering net worth of $33.4. Does the Facebook owner really need an introduction?
- Dustin Moskovitz – At the age of 30, Facebook’s third employee and partner has a net worth of $7.9 billion.
- Tom Persson – The 30 year old is the son of Sweden’s wealthiest man Stefan Person, owner of H&M, the company which has five family members in the billionaires list of 2015.
- Anton Kathrein, Jr. – With a net worth of $1.7 billion, this 30 year old is a third generation heir of a family business that has a prosperous run in making cables and antennas that transmit cell phone signals around the world.
- Elizabeth Holmes – At the age of 31, she stands proud as the youngest self-made billionaire woman in the world. Her company Theranos has pioneered ‘painless prick’ method for testing blood for diagnosis.
- Tatiana Casiraghi – This 31 year old lady is a heiress and wife of Andrea Casiraghi who is to succeed as the king of Morocco.
- Nathan Blecharczyk – This 31 year old is the co-founder of Airbnb which is a reality-based site that lists homes and rental apartments for sale.
Some observations –
1. More than half of the youngest billionaires below the age of 40s are the ones who have created something on the web or on mobile.
2. The average net worth of billionaires under 40 is $3.3 billion according to Forbes.
3. 48 per cent of richest people under 40 are from US, while the rest are from different parts of the world.
4. 46 of the top 100 billionaires are under 40.