In the year 2016, there are as many as 1810 billionaires in the world. The combined net worth of all of them come to $6.48 trillion. Here is the list of the top ten richest people in the world for the year 2016. according to information by Forbes.
9. David Koch and Charles Koch – With a net worth of $39.6B, the Koch brothers command the 10th and 9th position on the list. Koch industries is the second largest held privately held company in the US.
8. Michael Bloomberg- A media baron, politician and philanthropist rolled into one, Michael Bloomberg is the 8th richest man in the world with a net worth of $40 billion.
7. Larry Ellison – The executive vice-chairman, chief technology officer and founder of the Oracle Corporation, Larry Ellison has a net worth of $43.6 billion.
6. Mark Zuckerberg – With a net worth of $44.6 billion, Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder, CEO and chairman of Facebook; is the sixth richest man in the world.
4. Carlos Slim Helu – The chairman and CEO of Telmex and América Móvil (the biggest mobile service provider in Latin America) has a net worth of an impressive $50 billion. The Mexico born billionaire has a hugely diverse portfolio businesses ranging from telecommunication, media, aviation, finance to hospitality, sports, food and beverages.
3. Warren Buffett – The most successful investor in the world and the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway commands a net worth of $60.8 billion.
2. Amancio Ortega – The founder and chairman of Zara, fashion and clothing retail business, Amancio Ortega is the second richest man in the world for 2016 with a net worth of $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates- The man who heralded the computer revolution in the world, philanthropist, investor, computer programmer, co-founder and chairman of Windows; Bill Gates is the richest man in the world with a net worth of $75.2 billion. He has been the wealthiest man in the world according to Forbes, for the maximum number of times from 1995 to 2007 and then from 2009 to 2016.